Who pays for property damage to a building under construction? Property Replacement Insurance provides coverage for vandalism, theft, wind and fire damage.

What is Builder’s Risk?

Property Replacement Insurance is Builder’s Risk. As a matter of fact, it is specially designed to protect buildings and structures that are being built or renovated. It covers the cost of construction. It also protects the equipment used at the project.

So, if the structure is damaged, Builder’s Risk steps in. The policy provides replacement cost equal  to the value of the property lost.

Builder’s Risk Insurance includes:

  • Protection for materials or equipment added to the property (for example, HVAC systems).
  • Labor costs and expenses.
  • Temporary structures such as scaffolding.
  • Landscaping.

Contact the friendly team at Builder’s Risk (877) 960 0221.

October 27, 2021

What Happens When There is a Construction Fire?

During the construction of a commercial building or a home, anything can happen. Buildings under construction can be vulnerable to a fire breaking out. There are many factors that can cause these fires, such as torches, soldering irons, welding machines, grinders, or heating elements. Fires often happen to a new build due to several of these things, but what’s the solution if a fire does happen?
September 28, 2020

Is Builder’s Risk Insurance For Property Damage Claims?

Property damage is part of working in construction. So, for protection against the resulting financial loss, contractors need insurance. Unfortunately, not all insurance is created equal. […]
July 6, 2020

The Ultimate Guide to the Builder’s Risk Insurance Policy

Buildings under construction are prone to different risks. Contractors and building owners face challenges like vandalism, theft of construction materials, natural disasters, etc, while at the […]
March 3, 2020

The Difference between Builder’s Risk and Inland Marine

It’s easy to confuse insurance policies and believe they offer more protection than they do. Contractors are often left confused about whether their Construction Project Coverage is sufficient. Is Builder’s Risk enough or will more insurance be required? Do you know the differences between Builder’s Risk and Inland Marine Insurance?